Put my computer together and now it’s up and running…
- AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+
- BioStar motherboard with GeForce 8200 HDMI
- 4 x 1GB DDR2 800
- Some cheap video card with 256MB RAM
- AverMedia HDTV tuner card
- WD Caviar 500GB SATA hard drive
- 20x DVD+-R burner with LightScribe
- 20x Dual Layer DVD burner
- Rosewill 550W PSU
- Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 and optical mouse
This machine is super quiet… even with more fan than ever before (cpu, psu, video card, and 4 case fans), it’s nearly silent. I could almost not tell that it’s on when my eyes are closed… but yeah, those flashy lights do keep my room bright at night and are harder to ignore.
Installed Vista on this new machine and have so far been pretty happy with it. There are definitely a number of drawbacks, and Aero which is the coolest thing about Vista is actually pretty useless. However, this new operating system looks great and… yeah, looks great!