Every year, on this day and the weeks that follow, it becomes exponentially more difficult to:
- Find a seat on the subway
- Walk on the sidewalk without being slowed down by a not-in-a-hurry tourist
- Walk on the road, due to the police barricade
- Jaywalk, due to the police barricade
- Run the red light, because the cops that pop out of nowhere actually care about it for once
I don’t understand why people can’t simply go to Mercer County, NJ where the tree came from, and see it there. They can actually take all the photos they want without blocking any hungry New Yorker who just wants a quick bite before returning to work.