‘Tis the tax season and my notorious analytical habit couldn’t sleep. Here I present to you my 2008 gross earnings breakdown:
Apparently, in this past calendar year I worked nights and days:
- Through April 12th (just in time!) to pay my taxes – to feed the poor, the old, the super rich, and the countries we destroy
- Then through end of June to save up for the far distant future (if I hadn’t done this, I would’ve been working through May just to feed more poor and the super rich)
- Then the entire summer through September 9th so I wouldn’t be homeless
- Another week so I could pay for the company-subsidized healthcare and shitty Subway rides
- Just as the weather started to get cold, I could finally start to think about feeding and clothing myself, buy a PS3 or otherwise have a life
What a depressing view of the reality?! Technically I haven’t worked enough this year to cover my 2009 income taxes yet! Let’s not even mention the $$$ that went into and disappeared right from my 401(k).